The West Tennessee Young Farmers and Ranchers group held a “Top Crop” dinner on Aug. 4 at the West Tennessee Agriculture Museum in Milan to recognize the FFA members who were receiving the American FFA Degree and those who were state proficiency winners from West Tennessee.
Students and advisors were treated to a steak dinner, compliments of the Tennessee Soybean Producers, and were addressed by Tennessee Commissioner of Agriculture Jai Templeton and Tennessee Farm Bureau President Jeff Aiken.
Several Tipton County students from Brighton, Covington and Munford were in attendance. Those from Tipton County were:
• Brianna Reames , Munford High , state winner in the agriculture education proficiency
• Kelley Ann Rice, Munford High, state winner in sheep production proficiency
• Mary Selle Lea, Brighton High, state winner in swine production proficiency
• Alex Daniel, Covington High, state winner in diversified agriculture production proficiency
• Steven Sartain, Covington High, state winner in environmental and natural resources proficiency
• Ryan Wick, Covington High, American degree recipient