In September 2011, we changed the format of our faith pages, removing the Church of the Week feature and intending to publish more of the news that makes our churches.
We also intended to run the church directory monthly only, not weekly, to give more room to share the good news of what’s happening at our local churches.
Seven years later, some of the regular contributors we’d lined up have moved on to other adventures and that leaves us scrambling to find content for the faith section most weeks.
So, Tipton County, we wanted to take the time to remind you that these pages are for you, your church and the good things you’re doing there.
We love sharing feature stories, photos of your events and other news related to what’s going on.
Recently we’ve published stories about the Book Box ministry at St. Matthew’s Episcopal, a luncheon at St. Luke’s and the Corpus Christi procession from St. Alphonsus to Cobb-Parr Park.
There are other things going on at other churches, however.
Here’s how to get your church featured:
- Write a monthly column. Interested in sharing inspiration with others? We’re looking for columnists to commit to writing for us regularly.
- Tell us about a unique, or very successful, ministry. What innovative outreach is your church working on? It might make a great story which could lead to more success for the church in its mission.
- Share the events you have planned. Want to invite people to your event? Let us know about it – it could potentially lead to a feature story.
- Share photos from your events. Have a recent baptism, confirmation, first communion? Did your women’s ministry go on a retreat? Get a new pastor? We’d love to share photos!
- Tell us your church history or the way your church is working to regain and retain members.
We’d love to have more than just a church directory, commentary and prayer requests each week and we’d like your help.
We’re also looking for ideas on ways we can reach more people through these pages.
Send your inquiries, story ideas and news items to firstname.lastname@example.org.